Hal Slager is a proven leader for Northwest Indiana.
Hal’s experience in local government, as a business owner in marketing and real estate management, and training as a Certified Public Accountant is a powerful combination of skills to represent us in the Statehouse. He helped his community navigate a poor economy and continue improving services – the same expectation we should have of our state government.
While Hal is proud of his professional and community accomplishments, he is a family man first. His wife, Carol, is a pharmacist and his college sweetheart – both graduates from Butler University in Indianapolis. Their sons, Ryan and Colin, are now students there as well.
Hal is qualified to serve as our state representative.
- State Representative since 2012
- Committees of Ways & Means and Public Health
- Schererville resident since 1986
- Retired Certified Public Accountant
- Business owner
- Schererville Town Council for 10 years
- Utility and Water Board President for two years
- Board Member, Lake County Solid Waste Management District
- Member of the Indiana CPA Society
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP:
- Schererville Civic Funds – Treasurer
- Lake Central Schools Facility Plan Steering Committee
- Past treasurer and investment committee chairman for Printing Industries of America
- Calumet Region Striders
- Lives in the Plum Creek neighborhood with wife, Carol, and sons, Ryan and Colin
- Member of St. Michael’s Church
- Runner, often seen in the neighborhood
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Hal Slager